fredag 24 februari 2012

A book

Nothing new still. Nothing more than a book, that I found at the book sale.

It's called The Help and is the book behind the movie.
.
I tried to watch the movie when I was flying home from Australia, but I just couldn't concentrate on it. It's was to serious for me at that moment, can only watch silly movies when I fly that far, not sure why.

But the book is really intriguing and captivating, and it's really hard to put it down. It's been a really long time since I last found a new book that did that. I often take old books I've read many times before and read them again in a few days, but not it's not often that I find something brand new.

It's about 2 black women and a white one in Jackson, Mississippi, in the 1960s. The white woman is young, fresh out of college with big dreams about becoming a writer. And the 2 black women are help's, working for the white woman's friends, taking care of their families.

Only read 100 pages so far, so not much have happened, more than that it's quite clear who you are supposed to like and dislike.

Gonna go and brush my teeth now, and then bedtime. Not yet 12 a clock, but almost.
Good night.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar